Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mixed Doubles


As I launch this blog, one thing needs to be clear from the outset. I am Kate Campbell, but not that Kate Campbell, not the gifted Southern singer and song writer, the one with the clear-water voice. You can find her at www.katecampbell.com.

But, if there must be confusion, if one must have a life double, then the beautiful, talented singer Kate Campbell is a lucky connection. I nearly changed my name, however, when I saw that Kate Campbell has about a gazillion mentions on the Internet and feared no one would ever dig down and find lil ole me. For a long time I couldn’t figure out who to call myself instead of myself, (Penelope Cruz, jlo, Oprah, Joseph Conrad?)

I gave up on alternatives. It’s just me, the Kate Campbell from California, the sassy one who writes and reports and takes photos, the one with two grown sons, the one who practices yoga, loves books and ideas, the one who lives outdoors at the confluence of the American and Sacramento rivers, the one who loves to dance and sing (Oops! That’s the other Kate Campbell!)

Welcome to my word garden. Thanks for finding my blog and for joining in as we dig around in the dirt and see how things grow. Thanks also to my son, Mark, for pushing me to start a blog and for patiently and beautifully setting up my site.

1 comment:

  1. thank you Kate for the lovely Christmas present-the Lilly is so beautiful! Love Dianne

    ReplyDelete