Thursday, April 26, 2012

Yellow Pallete in the Garden

Walking in the UC Davis Arboretum this week my eyes were drawn to yellow, the only color that attracted my lens. When I finished my walk and reviewed the shots, I wondered what it meant, yellow I mean. Were the yellow-colored blooms the only ones to survive the near 90s heat of previous days? Was it a statement about my emotional condition or some cosmic force that guided my intentions to only that hue?

Those who study the energy of gem stones say the shade of yellow determines the meaning. Pure, bright and sunny yellow is the easiest color to see. People who are blind to other colors can usually see yellow. Yellow is full of creative and intellectual energy.


They say yellow symbolizes wisdom. Yellow means joy and happiness. People of high intellect favor yellow. Yellow daffodils are a symbol of unrequited love. Sunday's color is yellow-gold. They advise us to always use yellow note pads and claim yellow is the perfect color for writers.

Here's my yellow visual notebook:
 Most of these yellows are from around the arboretum's acacia collection.




Woman in a Yellow Dress. Oil on canvas, 1899
Max Kurzweil (18867-1916)

 See you in the garden. Wear yellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment